Looking for Your W2?
Please click here to contact your local branch so that they may provide you with your W2 and answer any questions you may have.
Whether it’s a permanent job or temporary gig through a staffing agency, you need to make a full-time commitment to treating your body well at work. Prolonged sitting, poor posture and slouching can lead to headaches, fatigue, back pain, nerve damage or worse.
Here are some office ergonomic tips courtesy of AtWork to make sure your work station isn’t working against you:
• Sit up straight: Your mom was right — don’t slouch. Keep your back straight and body weight evenly distributed.
• Don’t lean: Make sure your computer keyboard is arranged in such a way that you don’t have to lean to type. Ideally, the top of your monitor should be at eye level.
• Mouse movement: Keep your mouse as close to your keyboard as possible so you don’t have to reach or strain to use it.
• Eye protection: Make sure your monitor is not too bright or reflecting glare. Look off in the distance every few minutes to give your peepers a break.
• Don’t dangle: Your feet should be flat on the floor. If they don’t reach the floor, lower your chair.
• Use a headset: Refrain from gripping a phone between your ear and shoulder. Consider speaker phones if it won’t drive your colleagues crazy.
• Get up: Take a break and walk around your office every few minutes to loosen your limbs.
• Gulp: Keep a water bottle handy and hit it often. Office environments are sometimes dry and can lead to dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids, even in the winter, when your office might be drier and warmer than in the summer.
• Rest your arms: Try to support your arms on the armrest or desk as much as possible. If your arms are in perpetual flex mode, it will affect the rest of your body.
AtWork staffing agencies care about the well-being of those for whom they find jobs. Follow these tips to stay tip-top.