25 years of success
AtWork Group is 25 years old, and we’ll be celebrating for the next year!
John D. Hall Jr. and his wife, Glenda, laid the foundation in 1992 for what is now a leading light industrial, medical and administrative staffing franchise. AtWork has since grown from its humble origins in White Pine, Tennessee to national prominence and now has nearly 100 franchise locations across the United States.
In 2016, AtWork Group posted 14 percent revenue growth over 2015 and recorded annual sales revenue of $294 million.
AtWork was recently named to Inavero’s 2017 Best of Staffing Client and Talent Award list. It weighed in at No. 139 in Entrepreneur Magazine’s 2016 Franchise 500 list and No. 2,605 on Inc. Magazine’s Inc. 5000 list, and received a fourth-time ranking on Franchise Times’ Top 200+ list.
“Since the first days of operations, my overall vision has been not only to create a franchise company that offers unprecedented operational support, but allows the local franchise to make ownership decisions without barriers from the corporate office,” Hall said in a release announcing the milestone anniversary. “That philosophy that has been the foundation for the growth we have experienced to date.”
Jason Leverant became the company’s president and chief operating officer in 2012.
“Celebrating 25 years of excellence and service marks a key milestone for our company,” Leverant said. “Through our mission, to be ‘AtWork For You,’ and companywide dedication from our talented franchise owners and their teams, we continue to work diligently to grow and accommodate staffing needs for our clients nationwide.
Each month over the next year we will take a look at key moments in the company’s history, and accompanying political and pop culture trends of the time.
So let’s get this work party started, and step back in time for a minute.
• John D. Hall Jr. starts franchising under the @WORK brand on April 20; first headquarters opens in White Pine, Tennessee (population 2,000).
• Washington Redskins win the Super Bowl.
• Alabama Crimson Tide wins the national championship.
• The 1992 Olympics are held in Barcelona, Spain.
• Shannon Marketic of California is crowned Miss USA.
• Bill Clinton wins the U.S. presidential election.
• A no-fly zone is established in Iraq.
• Civil war erupts in the former Yugoslavia.
• Riots follow the acquittal of LAPD officers in the beating of Rodney King.
• U.S. and allied forces land in Somalia amid mass starvation and civil war.
• “Silence of the Lambs” wins five Oscars.
• Boys II Men, Sir Mix-A-Lot and Kriss Kross top the year-end Billboard Hot 100 singles list.